Hotmail Account or Outlook account or Microsoft Account Password is Incorrect
Steps From Hotmail Support (US/UK/Canada)
Now the question that arise is what could be the reason for this problem?
Now there are many ways how your Hotmail Account or Outlook Account has been Hacked. Some of those are:
1) The device on which you are using your Hotmail Account or Outlook Account has been a victim of the Hacking attempt and you accessed your Account on that device and now even your hotmail Account or Outlook Account is a victim of the Hacking Attempts.
2) Sometimes it happen that you receive a phishing email or some unusual email like “Your Microsoft account is running out of space, click on the link to increase the space” or “This is the Verification process, please provide your Email address Password and other details, otherwise your account will be closed” So when you click on the link or fill in the information which is asked in the phishing email, after that your Hotmail Account or Outlook Account gets hacked, the person who has send the phishing email gets all your account information and get the access of your account and after that they change the recovery options.
3) Sometimes it happens that you login to your Hotmail Account or Outlook Account from a computer which does not belongs to you, and by mistake you leave your Account logged in. Even in this case the person who has to access to your account can make some changes to your account and Hack into your account.
4) Sometimes it happens that you are using your Hotmail Account or Outlook Account on a device which is running low on security. Now when you use your Hotmail Account on it you account might get Hacked or Blocked because of the infections present on the computer. Sometimes we use the public computers and that could be a reason why we get our Account Hacked.
Now the question is how can you prevent this or how can you fix this incorrect password error on your Hotmail Account or Outlook Account.
Basically there are few options to get your Hotmail Account or Outlook Account back, few of them are:
1) Active Recovery Options.
2) Recovery Code (25 Character Alpha Numeric).
3) Online Questionnaire.
4) Microsoft Online Chat Option.
Now the first step we need to do is Reset your web browser (Microsoft Edge, Internet Explorer, Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox) and after that logon to a website “www.hotmail.com” , Now on the right side you will see boxes to type in your Microsoft Account User name and Password. Below that we have sign in button and just below that we have “Can’t access your account?” Click on the link. Once you click on the link you will get three options:
I forgot my password
I know my password, but can’t sign in
I think someone else is using my Microsoft account
Select the appropriate option from the above and after that click on “Next”.
Now once you click on Next it will give you a page where you have to type in your Hotmail Account or Outlook Account (Microsoft Account) with which you are having a problem, and then type in the special characters and then Click on Next.
Once you click on Next, now its time to verify your identity that you are the right owner of the email account by selecting the “RECOVERY OPTIONS”, You can select the Email or the Phone Number linked to your Account or If you don’t have the active recovery option then you can select the last option which is “I don’t have any of these” then click on Send Code or Next. The send code option will come if you have the active recovery option otherwise you will get the “Next” Option. Click on it and Type the Code send to your Active recovery option or Fill in the Online Questionnaire.
If even after following all these steps you are not able to login to your Hotmail Account or Outlook Account then you can always ask for Hotmail Help from Hotmail Support Experts or Hotmail Support UK Experts or Dial Hotmail Phone Support or Hotmail Phone Number. Or Simply click on the Technician Help Form and ask a Technician to Call you Back and Help you with your Hotmail Account or Outlook Account (Microsoft Account) Fixed.